Monday, December 31, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches! 

Today, my mom told me to make some more of my infamous chocolate chip cookies ;) 
They were modified from this recipe off of my all time favorite blog, Chocolate Covered Katie! www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/04/27/worlds-healthiest-chocolate-chip-cookie



Recipe: 
For the cookies: 
  • 1 1/3 cups of flour 
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar 
  • 1 tablespoon regular sugar or sugar substitute 
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup chocolate chips 
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla 
  • 6 tablespoons milk of choice (I use original almond milk) 
  • 2 tablespoons melted oil of choice (I use coconut) 
For the icing: 
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil 
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla 
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix up all the dry ingredients then add the wet to the dry. I normally use an ice cream scooper and end up with about 15 cookies that are pretty big. Bake for 12-15 minutes, depending on how crispy or soft you like your cookies :) Once the cookies are nice and cooled, spread the icing onto to the back of the cookies, press together, and enjoy! 

Isabel











2 comments :

  1. I have to say these are the best cookies ever! I always ask isabel to make them. This time she added rice crispies to the mix and that gave them a perfect crunchiness . The icing didn't hurt either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound super yummy! I can't wait to try them especially using coconut oil in the icing!!

    ReplyDelete