Wednesday, January 2, 2013

'Healthified' Cinnamon Roll Chex Mix

'Healthified' Cinnamon Roll Chex Mix 

My best friend Victoria made this recipe for Cinnamon Roll Chex Mix, then texted me and asked if I could make a healthier version, so I did! In my experience when I made recipes using Chex cereal, it was so good and caused me to eat so much of it that I was full and feeling very UN healthy after eating even a small amount. For this recipe I wanted to make it not so rich and more of a snack mix that you don't have to feel guilty about! 

Chex Mix: 

  • 2 tsp. Brown Sugar 
  • 1 tsp. Cinnamon 
  • 1/4 cup Coconut Oil 
  • 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup 
  • 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda 
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla 
  • 1 box of Chex cereal
In a small pan on medium heat combine brown sugar,cinnamon, coconut oil, and syrup. Once it begins to boil, take off heat and add baking soda and vanilla. Pour cereal into a large bowl and then pour cinnamon mixture into the bowl. Stir until the cereal is evenly coated. Transfer onto a rimmed baking pan and spread out evenly. Sprinkle a little more cinnamon onto the cereal and pop into the oven for 30 minutes checking every 10 minutes to stir. To make it more like a "mix"you can add nuts, pretzels, other cereals, and more! Hope you enjoy! 


-Isabel :)
p.s. please feel free to comment and let me know about any recipes that you would like to see on the blog!!


Here's the yummy original recipe ;) 

Cinnamon Roll Chex Mix
thefarmgirlrecipes.blogspot.com

1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1 box Rice Chex or Corn Chex
1/2 cup white chips



No comments :

Post a Comment