Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!







Happy 2013!  I thought it would be fun to look back at 2012 in food memories.  Isabel and I have done a lot of baking, tasting, experimenting and blog stalking over the last year.  We have discovered some new favorites...chia, dates, coconut oil, garbanzo beans...and revamped some old favorites like pancakes, granola, and chocolate chip cookies.  I have laughed at Isabel taking pictures of everything we eat but now with this blog it is coming in handy!  Here are some of our food highlights of 2012.



 Isabel had this huge, gluten free, peanutbutter and jelly pancake ready for me when I got back from a long, cold run a few weeks ago.  It was the perfect post run meal.  I think I ate the whole thing!
 Peanutbutter hot chocolate!
 Isabel made brownie/ chocolate chip cookie  cupcakes!  Oh my!


 We discovered macaroons in New York City this fall.  Gluten free yumminess!
 Another NYC find- Serendipity frozen hot chocolate!  It was even better than it sounds and worth the three hour wait.  We have been making this at home with frozen bananas.  Healthy, right?
Puppy chow.  I know everyone has had this but it was new to us and we had fun experimenting with different flavors.  This was peppermint but my favorite was cake batter with almonds :)
We got this from pinterest but I don't know who it came from!  Isabel made these for my first graders to go in their Christmas gift bags.  So cute.  They are teddy grahams in chocolate to stir your hot chocolate!
Isabel made these for teacher gifts.  Really cute and so good!  They came from http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/12/04/double-chocolate-chip-brownie-cookies/

Isabel's smoothie :)
One of our new favorites...quinoa salad.  It is good with almost anything but especially with avocado and black beans and feta cheese.  I guess anything is good with those ingredients.
Will's ice cream birthday cake.  We love to whip up some banana"ice cream" in the food processor!  This had Katie's magic shell on top!  Get the recipe here www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2010/05/20/homemade-artisana-cacao-bliss/
more banana ice cream.  Seriously good and it takes about a minute to make.  We made this almost every night this summer!


Jack's famous Christmas almond puff pastry wreath.  His grandmother taught him to make these a few years ago and they are his specialty.  I think they are his favorite part of Christmas. He ate at least three of them this year.   We need to figure out a gluten free version :)

Isabel made these little crispy chocolate chip cookies and filled them with coconut oil frosting.  Way better than the double doozies I remember loving in high school!  At least a little less sugar!


Happy New Year! We hope you will follow us in 2013 for more cooking fun!

Ashley

No comments :

Post a Comment