Saturday, June 8, 2013

Dinner Day One

For my first night of making dinner all by myself I made Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas, Mexican Quinoa salad, and Baked cinnamon tortillas with banana- peanut butter - chocolate chip- ice cream!



For the fajitas, I used the recipe from http://realmomkitchen.com/9318/oven-baked-chicken-fajitas/ and they were SO delicious! A super quick and easy dish that tastes amazing. First, I chopped the veggies, then mixed up the seasoning which I used avocado oil, taco seasoning, salt, and chili powder. Next, I cut the chicken breast with scissors and put them in the Pyrex dish, poured the seasoning over it, and mixed in the veggies and tomatoes. Baked for about 30 minutes  at 400 degrees. We used brown rice wraps for the fajitas, yum! This recipe was a major win. Our house smelled like a Mexican restaurant!


 For the salad I started by cooking the quinoa and then added taco seasoning after it cooked. I put mixed salad greens, half a can of black beans, a cup of the quinoa, sliced avocado, feta, and lots of extra veggies from the fajitas. So yummy!!

The dinner was a hit! For dessert, I baked brown rice wraps sprayed with coconut oil and sprinkled with cinnamon in my tortilla bowl molds. I made banana- peanut butter- chocolate chip- ice cream using 3 frozen bananas, vanilla, salt, 2 scoops of "100 calorie" peanut butter (which is surprisingly really good!)
, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, a sprinkle of PB2 (optional, I needed a better pb taste!), and a few chocolate chips! Just blend in the food processor and BOOM amazing, creamy ice cream! 






No comments :

Post a Comment