Friday, June 7, 2013

My family's "Personal Chef" ;)

I love cooking so so much and today while taking orders from my family for lunch, I decided I wanted to be my family's personal chef! I made my mom, dad, and brother lunch today and wanted to share what I made!  For dinner, I am making oven-baked chicken fajitas, Mexican quinoa salad in lettuce bowls, and for dessert, banana peanut butter ice cream in tortilla bowls!


For my mom, I made a spinach and egg wrap with feta and sun dried tomatoes. It was really easy and really delicious. I started by putting a brown rice wrap in the oven to soften it. On the stove I sauteed spinach, one egg, and sun dried tomatoes on med-low heat. After the wrap was warm I piled the spinach onto the wrap and folded it like a quesadilla. I put the wrap back on the stove to get and nice and crunchy! I gave a her the "Sauce trio" which was hummus, spicy brown mustard, and salsa with a dash of red pepper. Her side was apple kabobs and crunchy peanut butter!


On a different note, I made my 15 year old brother hot dogs with a side of apples and pb. We were out of buns so I went with the paleo option and wrapped them in bacon!

For dessert I made a refreshing treat of strawberry lemonade! I used about a cup and a half of frozen strawberries, a cup of coconut water, 1 fresh lemon, and a half a cup of water! It was so yummy!


No comments :

Post a Comment