Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hello Again!

Been away from the blog for too long! We had a family vacation last week and I was not making dinner or new recipes while we were there ;) but I've got lots of dinners and NEW recipes coming to the blog!



Last night for dinner I made Sunny Side-Green Beans. A recipe I found in Eating Well and tweaked a little. 
  • 1 1/2 cups water
  • 12 ounces green beans, trimmed, cut in 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
  • 1 cup fresh shelled beans, fresh crowder peas or frozen baby lima beans (I used Red Bell Pepper!)
  • 1/4 cup minced onion
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 large eggs, at room temperature 
  • Freshly ground pepper to taste
First, I washed and cut the green beans. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. I put them in the boiling water along with one chopped red bell pepper, reduce the heat a little bit and let it simmer. Once the green beans are tender, (I had to pour a little bit of the water out because it was too watery) add the onion, butter, salt, and pepper. I also added a little bit of garlic salt. The original recipe said to put each serving in individual bowls but I decided to put it all in a pretty, round casserole dish. Pour green beans into dish and crack four eggs (if using casserole dish) right on top! (This recipe is 4 servings so if you do individual, crack on egg in each bowl) put in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until eggs are starting to brown on the yolk. Enjoy! Pretty easy to make, so fresh and delicious!

(Here is the link to the original recipe: http://www.eatingwell.com/sunny_side_beans) :-) 

I just did some quick (nothing fancy/impressive) side dishes. I used Alexa's Tater tots and a fruit salad! The fruit salad consisted of whatever fruit I could find in the fridge, which was: 1 large red apple, 1 small green apple, 3/4 cup blueberries, 1 mango, and 1 nectarine! I also made some quick barbecue chicken for the guys, for a little extra protein using left over plain grilled chicken. Simply cover the chicken in barbecue sauce and stick in the oven until warm at about 400 degrees! (this dish never disappoints, if using uncooked chicken: spray pyrex dish, season with salt and pepper, pour sauce all over chicken and cook for about 25 minutes at 400 degrees.)

























Dessert was a new one. My mom pinned this and really wanted me to make it :) Its been floating around the Pinterest world, it's called "Heaven in a Crockpot" Wow, and we made it gluten free! It couldn't be easier.

  •  1 package of Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix  (gluten free if you want!)
  • 1 package of Brownie Mix 
  • 1/2 cup of  melted Butter (we used a 1/4 cup of butter and a 1/4 cup of coconut oil.)     
  •  4 Eggs 
Just mix everything up in a large bowl and cook on low for 3 hours! Top with Slow Churned Vanilla Ice Cream! 



No comments :

Post a Comment