Sunday, January 20, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies!

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies!
I have been wanting to make these cookies for a while and today I finally got to! I used my absolute favorite regular (and healthified) oatmeal cookie recipe, but then made them Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal cookies! I'm gonna try to take this oatmeal cookie recipe and make tons of different flavors that are like the classic flavors of instant oatmeal (Maple Brown Sugar, Strawberries and Cream etc.) but make them healthy, yet so yummy cookies! :)



Recipe: 
  • a little less than 3/4 cup of Coconut Oil 
  • 1 egg 
  • 1/2 cup of brown sugar 
  • 1/4 cup of sugar 
  • 1 tsp. of vanilla 
  • 1 1/2 cups of flour: I used 3/4 of oat flour and 3/4 of all purpose) 
  • 1 tsp. of baking soda 
  • 2 tsp. of cinnamon 
  • 1/2 tsp. of salt 
  • 2 cups of oats 
  • 1 small apple (diced) 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat the coconut oil and sugars together until creamy. Then add the egg and vanilla. Once combined, add the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and oats. Dice your apple into little tiny bits and then pour into the mix. Transfer onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 12-15 minutes. Now enjoy! 

-Isabel :)








 On the first batch, I accidentally forgot the egg and I was wondering why they were so crumbly ;)


1 comment :