Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mahi, Avocado, and More!


Last night I tried out some new recipes for dinner! Mahi Mahi Burgers with Avocado topping, Gluten- Free Onion Rings, and Tomato Avocado Salad, left over Sunny Side Green Beans, and Paleo Pina- Colada Ice Cream!


Tomato-Avocado Salad AND topping for Mahi Mahi Burgers!
  • 2 mashed ripe avocados or 1 package of plain quacamole 
  • 1/2 cup of diced white onion and 1/4 cup of thinly sliced red onion 
  • 1 1/2 cups of chopped baby tomatoes (I used orange: Zima and red: Sugar Plum Grape) 
  • 1 teaspoon of lime juice 
  • salt and pepper to taste 
 Start by washing and chopping all veggies.

Put avocado in a medium bowl 
Add chopped tomatoes.                  

Now add onions, lime juice, salt, and pepper. 



Stir lightly, until combined. 
You can refrigerate this for a few minutes before adding it to the lettuce/burgers or you can go ahead and add it. I refrigerated it because I made the avocado before the rest of the dinner was ready!















I used this 'guacamole' topping for the salad and burgers, because my mom and I used it as salad dressing and the boys used it as topping!





Mahi Mahi Burgers
: I used 'Trident Seafoods' Wild Mahi Mahi Burgers, frozen from Costco. They cook at 400 degrees for 9-10 minutes on each side.
 I seasoned them with salt, pepper, and just a tad of garlic salt.

Onion Rings: Nothing special, 'Ians' Gluten-Free Onion Rings from Earthfare. hmm..I should try homemade onion rings soon :) 





We also had leftover Sunny Side Green Beans from last night!

Dessert was another great one. Paleo Pina Colada ice cream! No ice cream maker needed, very quick, no guilt ice cream ;) 
  • 1 1/2 cups of Coconut Milk 
  • 2 ripe bananas (frozen) 
  • 1 cup of diced pineapple (frozen)      
  • 1/4-1/2 of shredded coconut
  • 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla 
  • Optional: 1 packet of stevia
Place all ingredients in food processor or blender, purée until almost smooth. 



No comments :

Post a Comment