Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Easy Homemade Crackers!

Easy Homemade Crackers!
When I got home from track I decided to test out some recipe ideas that I had written down in my recipe book, so I chose Homemade Crackers. I wanted to at least try and create something without the chemicals and weird ingredients of normal crackers. They were really easy to make and tasted great! 

Crackers: 

  • 1/2 cup All- purpose Flour
  • 3 tablespoons Dry Quinoa 
  • 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (this gave it a saltier flavor) 
  • 1/4 cup Water 
  • 1/4 teaspoon Sugar 
  • Salt/Pepper/Other Seasonings: I used salt, pepper, garlic salt, and our mixed salt seasoning. I didn't want to put exact measurments because it depends on what you prefer. I used 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, garlic salt, and mixed salt and they were very flavorful! 

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients then add the wet to the dry. Mix until everything is just enough stirred in, do not over mix. Place about a tablespoon of the batter onto the baking sheet at a time and spread out with your fingers until very thin. My batch had about 10 crackers. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until crispy and golden. These really are SOO good!! Hope you enjoy! 

-Isabel :)










1 comment :

  1. These were awesome Isabel! Yay for gluten free crackers! I can't wait for you to make these again!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete